6.5 Hour Tour
Small Group of up to 13 Guests
- Daily at 10am
- Meets in front of Paramount Plaza at 1633 Broadway, between 50th and 51st Streets
- Each guest will need 3-4 subway rides on a MetroCard. Please purchase your MetroCard before your tour, or if you need help your guide can assist you
- For lunch we often stop in Greenwich Village. Don't worry, there will be many food options for you
- Due to the flexible nature of our tours this tour does not have a set ending site. Your guide can assist you with directions on how to get to your next destination
- Public Tours are only available in English. If you prefer another language, please see our Private Tours
- Our tours are done by subway and walking so if you have any serious mobility issues please let us know
- If you need to cancel or reschedule for any reason, please do so within 48 hours
Learn about the transformation of this area, from the horse and carriage industry to the media and entertainment center of the world. You will see the original New York Times building, ABC Studios, the Winter Garden Theater and much more.
Explore the history behind how and why Central Park was built and it’s transformation over the years. Sites include Strawberry Fields, Bethesda Fountain, Bethesda Terrace, Sheep Meadow, the Literary Walk and much more.
Explore Greenwich Village’s past of literature, theater, rock & roll and bohemian life. Sites include Washington Square Park, Arthur’s Tavern, Grove Court, Chumley’s, the Friends Building, Cafe Wha?, Minetta Tavern, the Cherry Lane Theater and much more.
Discover 400 years of SoHo’s history, from the early Dutch days to present day. Also known as the “Cast Iron District” Soho has been a farming community, theater and red light district, struggling artist haven and much more.
Discover the rich vibrant history of Mulberry Street and it’s place in Italian immigration to New York City. Sites include Mulberry Street, Mulberry Street Bar, Alleva Cheese Shop, Ferrara’s Bakery and Cafe and more.
Walk the bustling streets of Chinatown and discover the rich culture the Chinese have brought to NYC. Learn about the history of Chinese immigration, the exclusion act, the Tong (gang) wars. Sites include Mott Street markets, Canal Street, Church of The Transfiguration, The CCBA, Pell Street, and the Bloody Angle.
Explore the history of The early Dutch colony of New Amsterdam, The Revolutionary War and The United States first Capital. Sites include The NY Stock Exchange, Federal Hall National Memorial, The Bank of Manhattan Building, Broad Street and more.
World Trade Center site
Explore the new World Trade Center site, the history of the original Twin Towers and the unfortunate events of 9/11. Sites include the Memorial Fountains (Reflective Absence), The Survivor Tree, The Oculus, The Firemen’s Memorial, One World Trade Center (The Freedom Tower), Saint Paul’s Chapel and more.
“Nathan was fantastic! Friendly, approachable, knowledgeable, and REAL! We did this tour on our first full day in New York, and found it a fantastic way to get a good idea of the layout of the city, how to get around on the subway, and ticked off a bunch of standard tourist boxes so we could spend our time more wisely during the rest of our stay. Can't recommend enough!”
“Trey was amazing. He made the tour fun with his historical facts. We were able to see so much of the city Soho, little Italy , China Town,9/11, Greenwich Village , Wall Street and Central Park, etc during the 6.5 tour. He helped us with the subway which at first I was nervous about but he made riding the subway so much easier. I would definetely recommend this tour for anyone who wants to see as much of New York by foot in one day.”