3.5 Hour Tour
Small Group of up to 13 guests
- Saturdays at 10am
- Meets in front of Village Cigars at 110 7th Avenue South
- Each guest will need 1-2 subway rides on a MetroCard. Please purchase your MetroCard before your tour, or if you need help your guide can assist you
- Due to the flexible nature of our tours this tour does not have a set ending site. Your guide can assist you with directions on how to get to your next destination
- Public Tours are only available in English. If you prefer another language, please see our Private Tours
- Our tours are done by subway and walking so if you have any serious mobility issues please let us know
- If you need to cancel or reschedule for any reason, please do so within 48 hours
Explore Greenwich Village’s past of literature, theater, rock & roll and bohemian life. Sites include Washington Square Park, Arthur’s Tavern, Grove Court, Chumley’s, the Friends Building, Cafe Wha?, Minetta Tavern, the Cherry Lane Theater and much more.
Discover 400 years of SoHo’s history, from the early Dutch days to present day. Also known as the “Cast Iron District” Soho has been a farming community, theater and red light district, struggling artist haven and much more.
Discover the rich vibrant history of Mulberry Street and it’s place in Italian immigration to New York City. Sites include Mulberry Street, Mulberry Street Bar, Alleva Cheese Shop, Ferrara’s Bakery and Cafe and more.
Walk the bustling streets of Chinatown and discover the rich culture the Chinese have brought to NYC. Learn about the history of Chinese immigration, the exclusion act, the Tong (gang) wars. Sites include Mott Street markets, Canal Street, Church of The Transfiguration, The CCBA, Pell Street, and the Bloody Angle.
Explore the history of The early Dutch colony of New Amsterdam, The Revolutionary War and The United States first Capital. Sites include The NY Stock Exchange, Federal Hall National Memorial, The Bank of Manhattan Building, Broad Street and more.
World Trade Center site
Explore the new World Trade Center site, the history of the original Twin Towers and the unfortunate events of 9/11. Sites include the Memorial Fountains (Reflective Absence), The Survivor Tree, The Oculus, The Firemen’s Memorial, One World Trade Center (The Freedom Tower), Saint Paul’s Chapel and more.
“A great tour for anyone who wants to escape the tourist traps and get a real sense of the city. Trey is a smart, funny, energetic tour guide who conveyed true affection for the city. He expertly chaperoned our small group through the subway, the wonderful sights and smells of Little Italy and Chinatown, historic cemeteries, magnificent parks and landmarks, and beautiful hidden nooks of the village. The highest praise I can give this tour is to say that I am no longer intimidated to explore the city on my own.”
6.5 Hours - Daily at 10am
From Central Park to Lower Manhattan, we'll hit the iconic sites and the off the beaten path hidden gems. See it all in one day!